What Is Energy Audit?
An Energy Audit is an inspection, survey and analysis of energy flows for energy conservation in a building, process or system to reduce the amount of energy input into the system without negatively affecting the output.
Need of Energy Audit
The goal of Assessment/service is to provide expert guidance on which energy efficiency projects make the most sense for consumer premises(home/office/factory/industry). All premises are unique and may not need the same prescriptive measures. While one premise may need attic and wall insulation as their top priorities, the next premise may need modifications to the heating and cooling systems. Still another may need new windows or insulation films.
Each project is unique for individual customer and its as per requirement.
Benefits of Energy Assessment
Financial benefits may accrue from low, medium or high cost investments measures and can be
realized in several ways, not necessarily dependent on the level of investment. The benefits are as
• Reduced expenditure on energy; e.g., by reducing consumption
• Reduced maintenance cost; e.g., following improved utilization of office and optimization in
• Reduced capital expenditure; e.g., where increased efficiency avoids the need for additional
equipments or supply capacity or makes possible accurate sizing of any premises.
• More productive use of labor where measures release staff for other duties; e.g., automated
• Increased productivity where working conditions are improved; e.g., improved temperature
levels, airflow, etc
In addition to direct cost benefits, further benefits can be achieved by optimizing the operation of a building. Ultimately, these may well have financial implications. The information made available to management on energy costs and use could in itself be found invaluable in asset planning and decision-making. Measures can also lead to improve working practices or conditions.
Environmental benefits that arise from using energy more efficiently may include
• Reduction of CO2 and other emissions both from the site itself and upstream of energy
suppliers that can be harmful to the environment;
• Reduction of environmental impacts related to transmission, delivery or transport of energy;
• Reduction of regional and national energy demand;
• Conservation of natural resources particularly fossil fuels and other non-renewable fuels.
Measures can be implemented in a way that improves the quality of the working environment, but not necessarily reducing energy cost, as follows:
• Comfort might be improved by draft proofing, insulating the building fabric, resetting
controls, providing additional controls or installing alternative systems. Changes in the
temperature, humidity or lighting levels may be desirable. Productivity can be increased
because the occupants are more satisfied with the working environment.
• Closer control of space conditions can be essential to the effective operation of buildings or
equipment and could result in higher standards of quality and safety.
• Now more than ever, companies are finding that going green makes good marketing sense.
As the urgency of climate change becomes more apparent companies and clients are looking
to support green businesses and products.
• Organizations will achieve recognition by the community, including potential customers by
being environmentally responsible corporate citizens.
THINK ENERGY: – Energy Assessment Service
With the team of highly specialized professionals Kavish Eco Energy
Solutions provides complete energy analysis and assessment
service which helps the customer to reduce power consumption
and save energy