Wind turbines work on a simple principle: instead of using electricity to make wind like a fan—wind turbines use wind to make electricity. Wind turns the propeller-like blades of a turbine around a rotor, which spins a generator, which creates electricity.
A wind turbine turns wind energy into electricity using the aerodynamic force from the rotor blades, which work like an airplane wing or helicopter rotor blade. When wind flows across the blade, the air pressure on one side of the blade decreases. The difference in air pressure across the two sides of the blade creates both lift and drag. The force of the lift is stronger than the drag and this causes the rotor to spin. The rotor connects to the generator, either directly (if it’s a direct drive turbine) or through a shaft and a series of gears (a gearbox) that speed up the rotation and allow for a physically smaller generator. This translation of aerodynamic force to rotation of a generator creates electricity.
- Wind Solar hybrid solutions can cover all most all applications , off grid , on grid , rural electrification , telecom , water pumping , water purification and many more
- Point of Generation and consumption being close to each other hence saves on infrastructure costs especially for Rural Electrification projects
- Wind – PV resources compliment very nicely , seasonally or on day to day basis , hence
continuity of power generation all through the year
- Over all 18 M wind map of INDIA reveals at least 50% of India’s land mass has potential for deploying hybrid system
- On an average a well designed hybrid system for 4 to 4.5 M/S average wind speeds produce about 1200 to 1400 KWH per annum.
- It has ability to provide continuity of power as both sources are complimentary in nature
- While Solar component can improve base line consistency , Wind can offset complete absence of Solar during overcast months
- Over all autonomy on battery can be reduced by as much 40 % being a hybrid system this means there isn’t much difference between a hybrid system and the cost only solar off grid system using quality Solar modules.
- By simply incorporating a wind turbine into an existing or new PV system, battery life can be extended by as much as 50%. This is due to the variable charge of a windturbine, in the long run wind component can contribute to as much as 35%–45% on recurring expenditure towards BatteryBank replacements.
- Because lesser autonomy needed for battery in a hybrid system lesser battery costs, also there is not much difference in the cost between both resources the addition of a wind can reduce the overall cost of a renewable energy system by as much as 10% – 15%.
- A solar system needs weekly cleaning , a non maintained solar systems output can drop by as much as 30 to 40 % or more , where as a wind turbines need just an annual check up
- Hybrid systems are easy to install & maintain. Already proven in India & worldwide for variety of applications, virtually same skilled man power who is trained to install and maintain Solar Systems will be able to manage